Who is Responsible For Blocked Sewage Pipes in the UK?

Who is responsible for blocked sewage pipes UK

If you are renting a property, you will need to be aware of your landlord’s responsibilities when it comes to blocked sewage pipes. Often, the tenancy agreement will include a note on who will be responsible for a blocked drain. It’s important to keep your landlord informed if your sewage pipe becomes blocked, as well as contact your local EHO.

Keeping landlord informed of blocked sewage pipes

If you are living in a property that has a blocked sewage pipe, you should contact your landlord as soon as possible. There are different avenues to pursue in this situation, including filing a complaint with the local authority, requesting repairs, and asking for a time limit to complete the repairs. If you are unsure of what to do, it is best to put your request in writing and be courteous to your landlord. Remember that your landlord has the power to evict you if he is not able to repair the problem.

If you are living in a property that is owned by the local council, you must report any blockages to the landlord as soon as possible. By doing this, your landlord will be able to fix the problem before it becomes worse. A landlord must attend to an emergency repair within 24 hours. Be sure to ask your landlord for their emergency contact information. They should be able to provide you with instructions on how to turn off the main supplies in case of a problem.

Depending on the situation, you may need to call the local EHO. The EHO can tell you what kind of sewer or drain is blocked and who is responsible for clearing it. Oftentimes, the cost of clearing a blockage will be shared by all household members. In some cases, the affected households may refuse to pay for clearing the blockage. If the blockage is affecting their home, the Environmental Health Officer (EHO) can issue a notice to those households. They can then order that the sewer is cleared within 48 hours. They can also hire a private contractor to clear the sewer and bill each affected household accordingly.

Contacting your local EHO

If you have a blocked sewage pipe, contacting your local Environmental Health Officer (EHO) can help. The EHO can serve a notice on the people who are blocking the pipes and issue a notice that forces them to pay to unblock the pipes. The EHO can also conduct a drain survey to determine what’s causing the blockage. This will involve sending a CCTV camera down the drain to record the contents. This video will show the exact location of the blockage.

If your blocked drain is affecting the health of your home, contact your local Environmental Health Officer. Your EHO can serve a notice on people who are using a private sewer and order them to clear the pipes. If your drain is blocked at home, you should contact your landlord or letting agent as well as the EHO for help. If you live in a rented property, the landlord or letting agent is responsible for clearing blocked drains.

You should also check if your neighbours have blocked pipes. The EHO can tell you what type of sewage the blocked pipes are carrying. Besides identifying the type of blockage, your local EHO can also determine the responsibility of the neighbours.

KJC Drainage

When blocked sewage pipes block your home or business, you need a local plumber who can quickly solve the problem. Whether you’ve got a blocked toilet or sink, or you want to clear up a clogged drain, KJC Drainage can help. Our experienced plumbing experts use the latest technology to fix blocked drains.

Sewers are public pipes that are owned by local authorities and are responsible for removing waste and water. Private drainage pipes are generally the responsibility of the property owner. Unlike public sewers, these pipes are not always easy to clear, which is why it’s important to contact a professional plumber to unclog them.

If you don’t know who is responsible for your property’s sewage pipes, contact your water company. If it’s your landlord’s responsibility, they have two weeks to repair major problems. If they don’t, you can also call a private drain company.

Click here to learn more about derby drainage company

Call for a no obligation quote

Perhaps you’re concerned about your budget and finances when it comes to home improvements. If this is the case, give us a call about your budget, and we will offer you a free quote without any pressure. We will also work with your budget to ensure you get the desired fence.